Confidentiality Agreement for Volunteer Leaders of the University of Dallas
This policy applies to designated alumni volunteer leaders requesting and receiving confidential information from the University of Dallas.
Confidential information on faculty, staff, volunteers, students and alumni may include contact information, donation information, volunteer service information, and other information relating to UD and/or its alumni and information proprietary to other companies or persons. You may learn of or have access to some or all of this confidential information through electronic, printed or written materials provided by University of Dallas employees.
- Information contained in these materials is the exclusive property of the University of Dallas and may be used only as prescribed herein. As a volunteer acting on behalf of the University, you agree to abide by this policy and understand that you have no right or ownership interest in any confidential information referred to in this Agreement.
- Confidential information can only be used for official and sanctioned purposes including acquiring and disseminating the contact information of alumni, donors, or friends of the University for the support of approved University-related activities.
- Prohibited uses of data from the system include, but are not limited to, any personal, political, religious, commercial, or any other use not directly related to the business and for the benefit of the University of Dallas and its alumni.
- You will safeguard and will not disclose your access code or any other authorization you have that allows you to access confidential information. You accept responsibility for all activities undertaken using your access code and other forms of authorization and will report activities by any individual or entity that you suspect may compromise the confidentiality of confidential information. Reports made in good faith about suspect activities will be held in confidence to the extent permitted by law, including the name of the individual reporting the activities. You may not be retaliated against for reporting such violations in good faith.
- You understand that your obligations under this agreement will continue after termination of your services as a volunteer. You understand that your privileges hereunder are subject to periodic review, revision and if appropriate, renewal. The University of Dallas may at any time revoke your access code, authorization, or other access to confidential information.
Confidential information is valuable and sensitive and is protected by law and by strict UD policies. The intent of these laws and policies is to assure that confidential information will remain confidential, that is, it will be used only as necessary to accomplish the organization's mission. As a volunteer, you are required to conduct yourself in strict conformance to applicable laws and UD policies governing confidential information.
Appropriate Uses or Dissemination of Data Information from the University of Dallas:
- All information viewed or retrieved is to be kept confidential at all times and may not be published, reproduced, or disseminated electronically.
- All information is to be used solely to promote the approved programs and priorities of the University.
- The use of alumni data beyond approved alumni network communication is strictly prohibited, and once used the data file must be deleted or destroyed.
- Data may not be retransmitted to a printing service, mailing service, or internet service for communication with alumni. The Office of Alumni Relations will handle all such transmissions, mass mailings, and mass email on your behalf.
- All persons other than alumni leaders who have signed this Agreement who are seeking individual alumni contact information should be directed to the University’s online or printed directories.
- All requests for alumni information from media representatives (television, radio, newspaper, etc) must be forwarded immediately to the Office of Advancement at the University of Dallas and will be addressed by its administration.
- In all cases involving the use of outside vendors or contractors, the absolute confidentiality of the information provided from the database is the responsibility of the requesting alumni volunteer.
Misuse of alumni data and these policies may be referred to legal counsel for possible further legal action.
Policy Compliance: Failure to abide by any of the policies stated within this document will result in the denial of access to UD constituent information.